Go Back   Jax R/C Forums > Main Foum > R/C Planes
  Lost password?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Club Member

Default Picked up some planes

Need some help..I wonder what would it take to fly these planes..They all have engine in them..Some are okay status and some are in need of something..I am not an airplane guy just want to see what the bright light looks like..I will bring them tom at the field if anyone could give me a pointers that would be appreciated...
Old 06-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Club Member

Ill be out there on sat. ill help where i can...

Old 06-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Visitor

Did you pick up the ones on craigslist the trainer,P51 , Corsair fir 120.00?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Club Member

Funny things happen..Guy lives a block away from my house. I went there yesterday to see what he got for sale..Yes it was the trainer, P51 and a corsair. I told him i take it and pick up the next day this morning. Got there this morning no one home, no one answer the phone, no one answer the door. Figured its sold so went to the field and eat some got home this afternoon those planes already in my garage guess what...Someone pick it up for me..With a big smile on her face she said You like them?...Nothing i could do but to give her a hug and a long kiss...hehehehe..
1.) Trainer with 30 engine complete with servos 148's and a AM RX..engine got lots of compression. Has a hole on the wing, rip about 4"

2) P 51 with engine/tune pipe also RTF with full servo including re-tracs. Also got lots of compression but the carburator is stuck. Got a rip on some monocot, rear wing crack at the joint.
3) Corsair wow looks new, no rip, RTF engine looks new, servos looks new, only the rod for the re-trac is bend. The re-trac dont fold all the way. Awesome looking. Has a DF RX..I think all in all its a steal...I am going to the bright side...wooottt---wooootttttt....
Old 06-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Club Member

Too Cool dude. and you were all bummed out at the field today....

Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Visitor

Congrats, that was one heck of a deal. I looked at that ad a couple of times but did not have extra finances at the time. Have fun with them.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Club Member

Thanks...I know i was bummed out and blamming myself for not picking it up in the first place..I didnt even attempt tp get stick time as i cant concentrate just thinking about the deal..I know if i tried to fly i would have crash so i didnt..The trainer will be out next weekend..I try not to crash it..Hopefully anyway..I look at it this way, I still have 2 to crash if i do...
Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Club Member

Theres no way you should crash first time out,apart from mechanical,or eletronic failure let some one put you on a buddy box. Do you need some one to look at the setups. Id be more than willing to help you out a little this week if our schedule coincide. after i get off work one evening....

Old 06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Club Member

I work nights so morning is my only available time. I have not set up anything yet..just cleaned everything and look whats in them. The mustang i have not gone through yet as am busy putting ceiling fan up for a friend. Most of the plane has 148's and 3001 i think..is that any good?..I have a few 3004 servos and some 821's. Would this be better than 148's..I might need a higher torque for the re-tracs. The one on it now barely fold the wheels..
Old 06-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Club Member

As Joe said, there is a lot of help and more free advise at JAX RC. Futaba S-148s and 3001s are both basic standard servos. They're vintage analog, not fast and not hi torque but acceptable for flight controls on up to about a 60 sized airplane. They are generally reliable. I would definitely not use a S-148 in the retracts. It will load up and rapidly drain your battery!

This is probably more than you want to do, but if you are handy with tiny screws and wires then you can modify an s-148 to 180 degrees to provide 3 times the mechanical advantage and then use it for retracts. Here is a link http://mypage.yhti.net/~dmcdnld/s148retract.htm

Last edited by mitch : 06-07-2010 at 05:43 PM.