http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1885
Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Club Member

Exclamation Spektrum DX6i recall

Important info...

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1901
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Club Member

Only 23 days behind. Robert posted that back on Feb 2nd.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Club Member

Not quite the one Justin posted is a new one that requires you to send the radio back. They added new numbers too, so more people will be affected. That one was released on the 23rd of February too.

Cameron
Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Club Member

LOL Robert merged the threads
Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
jaxrotor

Default DX6i Info

Horizon is issuing the following advisory for DX6i transmitters with Product Identification Codes (PIDs) HA906X and HA907X.
Product Identification (PID) codes may be found on the inside of the battery compartment of the DX6i transmitter.

PID within the battery compartment

PID on the DX6i box (beneath the UPC)

Our service centers in the US, UK, and Germany have received several reports of short circuits occurring in the DX6i, melting some interior components. The cause for this issue is an incorrect trainer jack used in the assembly. Use of these incorrect trainer jacks by either a buddy cable or a flight simulator cable can create a short circuit, causing energy from batteries to be released in the form of heat inside the transmitter, melting interior components and generating smoke. Our investigation shows that only a small percentage of the transmitters are affected, and the situation has now been corrected at the factory, but all transmitters with these two PIDs should be returned to Horizon for inspection and, if needed, repair. Our service bulletin to consumers can be found here.
Horizon is requesting retailers with any inventory of Spektrum DX6i's or E-Flite Blade 400's to check the transmitters for these PIDs. Please return any products with these codes to Horizon for credit. Horizon will inspect and make any appropriate corrections. Additionally Horizon will update the PID labels to reflect the radio has been inspected and corrected. Any transmitters with PID other than HA906X or HA907X are not affected by this bulletin and do not need their trainer jacks inspected.
Please contact Horizon Customer Support to arrange the return of your on hand items with these PIDs. We apologize for this inconvenience. While there is no evidence of any fire hazard associated with the melting, Horizon assumes no risk for any consumer failing to act upon this service advisory.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2047-PIDlocation1.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	842  Click image for larger version

Name:	2047-PIDlocation2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	843  
Old 10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Club Member