Go Back   Jax R/C Forums > Main Foum > General Discussion
  Lost password?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Club Member

Default ORX DSM2 R615 Failure with DX-18 V2

I installed this receiver in a never flown ParkZone Striker. All tested great on the bench. After several trips to the field with no flights, I finally asked an experience Striker pilot to do the maiden. Not 5 seconds after launch he lost control. Regained it intermittently but eventually lost it over the hill to the south. After 2 hours of walking the hill and lake beyond with intermittent power up on the Transmitter I finally heard the motor running across the lake from where I was. Needless to say I was able to recover it, in good shape and dry. I got to it before the gator did (ask me about HIM!)

Bench and range testing at the field revealed no loss of signal. Upon dis-assembly and power up I discovered there are 2 LEDs on this Rx; orange and red. The orange was solid after binding with the Tx on power up. However the red LED blinked intermittently. Research at HobbyKing (HERE bottom of page click on "Orange R615 binding") revealed the attached .pdf that states "If the Red LED flashes, this means there has been a loss of signal. The amount of flashes tell you how many times it was lost during the flight." There are a LOT of flashes after just a few seconds powered up and bound on the bench.

Needless to say this Rx is going in the trash unless someone wants to play with it. I'll give it to anyone who wants it.

This Rx is no longer available at HK and has been replaced with the
OrangeRx R615X DSM2/DSMX Compatible 6Ch 2.4GHz Receiver w/CPPM.

This was my first and last ORX Receiver. I'll be sticking to Spektrum and JR from now on.

Just wanted to share this with all club members as a near costly experience that got me a LOT of exercise yesterday.