Go Back   Jax R/C Forums > Main Foum > R/C Planes
  Lost password?

Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Club Member

Default Big Planes DIY

I jumped into the world of big planes today with my first flights on Andy's YAK. I know I said I never would but I also once said I wasn't interested in the new fangled electrics. I will say it is a totally different world and it is going to take some time to feel comfortable with the gassers and the radically different way they fly. Another reminder today of the great breadth of expertise and great folks we have at JAX RC. Thanks for the help Andy and Andre.

Now I'm going to have to figure out the details of safely self launching bigger planes for when nobody else is around to help.

Last edited by mitch : 04-03-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Club Member

Mitch,
You could get 2 pipes one with the o.d of the other pipes i.d... Put the i.d pipe in the ground flush with the dirt...... Now the pipe with the o.d that fits inside the other pipe can be removed but it will atleast need to be around 30" so that with around 18-20" in the ground you will have enough above the ground to put pipe insulation on it to protect your stabs....... Might help for the solo flights!!!!! Congrats with the new "BIG PLANE"
Keven....